One of the main parts of my travel bucket list is to visit all 50 states in the US. The United States has so much variety and so many incredible sights! I want to take advantage of that & I won’t let my disability stop me from seeing all the amazing things my country has to offer!
Currently, I have been to 35/50 states + Washington, DC. 15 more to go!
I do count driving through the state on a road trip as visiting the state, but not airport layovers.
I will keep this post updated to keep a log of my travels!
March 15, 2020- 35/50 states- 15 left!
Here is the list of the states, with the states I’ve visited in bold. I’ve also included my favorite place, activity, or food in that state!
1. Alabama- going to the beach- Gulf Shores, AL
3. Arizona- visiting the Desert Botanical Gardens- Phoenix, AZ
4. Arkansas- drove 3 hours to get to Arkansas with my best friend
5. California- touring Hearst Castle- San Simeon, CA
6. Colorado- ziplining!- Vail, CO
7. Connecticut- visiting family- Wilton, CT
9. Florida- snorkeling and beaching- Key West, FL
10. Georgia- visiting the Georgia Aquarium- Atlanta, GA
11. Hawaii- making coconut milk while visiting a coconut farm-Maui, HI
12. Idaho- road trip to Canada, we got dinner here- Sandpoint, ID
13. Illinois- seeing Hamilton!- Chicago, IL
14. Indiana- watching the Irish play at Notre Dame Stadium-Notre Dame, IN
15. Iowa- family wedding!
17. Kentucky- eating tamales and queso at Corto Lima- Lexington, KY
18. Louisiana- eating alligator! -Alexandria, LA
19. Maine- family wedding!- Kennebunkport, ME
20. Maryland- touring the Naval Academy- Annapolis, MD
21. Massachusetts- exploring Boston
22. Michigan– getting Frozen Yogurt with my friends- Niles, MI
24. Mississippi- eating ice cream on a hot summer day!
25. Missouri- eating lasagna at Mama’s on the Hill- St. Louis, MO
26. Montana- SO much good food & visiting my best friend- Bozeman, MT
29. New Hampshire
30. New Jersey- visiting family- Mt. Laurel, NJ
31. New Mexico
32. New York- going to the Top of the Rock- New York, NY
33. North Carolina- touring the Biltmore- Asheville, NC
34. North Dakota
35. Ohio- seeing Jon Bellion live & eating skyline chili- Cincinnati, OH
38. Pennsylvania- eating Philly Cheesesteaks – Philadelphia, PA
39. Rhode Island- exploring Block Island- Block Island, RI
40. South Carolina- road trip to the beach!
41. South Dakota
42. Tennessee- going to a Predators game- Nashville, TN
43. Texas- eating Pinkberry at DFW- Dallas, TX
44. Utah- skiing at the National Ability Center!- Park City, UT
46. Virginia- visiting Washington DC
47. Washington- stop on our way to Vancouver- Seattle, WA
48. West Virginia
50. Wyoming- exploring Grand Teton National Park- Jackson, WY
Top places I want to go:
- Charleston, SC
- New Orleans, LA (was supposed to go here for a wedding in May but it got postponed because of Coronavirus)
- Seattle, WA (was only there for 1 night when I was 10 so I don’t remember much!)
- Alaska (I want to go on a cruise!)
Where else should I add to my list?!
Where is your favorite place in the US?!
Let me know! Comment on my blog, on my Instagram @rosieroaming, or on Facebook @rosieroamingblog!